Refunds & Cancellations
When making a reservation via fivestarthailandtours.com, you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Refunds & Cancelations Policy.
We want travellers to have the best experience when booking with Five Star Thailand Tours; we want all our customers to leave Thailand with great memories, wanting to return. We don’t want any of our guests to leave feeling cheated or un-happy.
All our cancellations are approached with a “common sense” attitude, and each request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Our refunds & cancellations policy is as follows:
If Five Star Tours Have To Cancel A Scheduled Service
If Five Star Thailand Tours has to cancel any service due to unsafe operating conditions or for any other reason. And an alternate travel date cannot be agreed upon; the customer will be entitled a 100% refund.
In The Event, A Guest Cancels Their Reserved Service
Cancellation requests made by a guest with more than 72 hours before a service is scheduled to depart are eligible to be refunded in full providing there is a valid reason for cancellation and the request meets our terms, (provided below). Cancellations submitted with less than 72 hours until the guest’s departure or a guest does not show up; are unable to be refunded for any reason.
- In order for your request to reach the correct department – customers must submit refund requests in writing, via email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The time stamp on your email will be used to asses when a claim was submitted. Cancellation requests sent through any other channel of communication (including verbal requests, requests sent via WhatsApp or to any other mailing address) may not be honoured.
- Cancellations for private bookings are only eligible to be refunded up until seven days before departure.
- If a guest cancels due to sickness, our cancellation policy still stands. Please request a medical note from an authorised medical professional at the clinic or hospital. Five Star Thailand Tours can then issue a guest with a receipt & letter addressed to the guest’s travel or holiday insurance provider. Who should reimburse any funds paid.
- In the event, a guest chooses not to travel due to non-optimal weather conditions, but the trip still operates. Five Star Thailand Tours are unable to offer any refunds.
- If a guest has booked a service which leaves from Phi Phi Island; wrongly believing that we depart from Phuket or any other location. Our refund policy still stands, and cancellations are not possible with fewer than 72 hours until departure. We can, however, change a guests reservation to another service, at our discretion & if contacted in advance.
- There is a grace period of 60 minutes after making a reservation. We can cancel and refund any trip for any reason if we are contacted within 60 minutes hours a booking being made.
- Cancellation requests due to an act of God, or any reason outside the control of Five Star Group Co., Ltd. (including but not limited to natural disasters, floods, tsunamis, earthquakes, travel restrictions or public health emergencies), but where a trip is still operated are illegible for refund. Either in the guests home country, locally in Thailand or in any other destination. In these extreme cases, the guest is advised to seek compensation and reimbursement through their travel insurance provider.
- Date changes can be made free of charge (FOC) at the discretion of Five Star Thailand Tours. Reservations which have had the date changed to a future date are not eligible to be refunded.
- Refunds can only be issued to the same payment method used for the original transaction. Once a refund is approved it can take up to 14 days to show on a guests statement.