Phi Phi Islands Early Bird Guided Sunrise Tour Private Speedboat: From Phuket [Package D]
Phi Phi Islands Authentic Longtail Boat Private Fishing Trip: From Phi Phi [Package G]
For Two People:
Six hours or more on the water. A private Thai longtail boat. All equipment provided, and an opportunity to keep, cook and eat your catch. A unique experience in the Phi Phi Islands. Spend an entire day with a local fisherman, on a private longtail boat. Use Jigging techniques to catch live bait, which can be used to fish the Andaman Sea for Barracuda, Mackerel, Mahi Mahi, Swordfish and more.
Phi Phi: Package G, Includes:
+ Meet at Our Tour Shop on Koh Phi Phi
+ Short Snorkel and Sightseeing Tour Around Phi Phi Leh
+ All Fishing Equipment Provided; Rods, Floats, Lures, Bait etc (Live Bait)
+ Private Longtail Boat with Experience Local Fisherman (average time 5- 6 hours)
+ Thai Lunch Included (Eat on The Boat)
+ Fresh Fruits, Snacks, Bottled Water
Phi Phi Islands are well know for their natural beauty. But before the islands shot to fame they were mostly home to local fishermen. Its a unique activity, but rewarding for any keen angler or anyone looking to get off the tourist trail on the island. No experience is needed to catch in these waters, and the seas are teaming with fish.
We only catch in legal areas, with Phi Phi Islands now being a protected national park with fishing is permitted close by.
Stopping your private boat in the open waters. You’ll be able to see all the Phi Phi Islands in the foreground. Guests will be line fishing, casting, Jigging and spinning techniques, with the assistance of a local fisherman. There’s a chance to catch squid, and you’re guaranteed some snappers, guppies, groupers and more. Keep the bigger ones to cook and eat, and use others as live bait! Using live bait there is a much higher chance of catching bigger fish; Tuna, Mackerel, Barracuda, Mahi Mahi and more!
Guests have around 5-7 hours at sea, choose to head straight out and spend the entire day fishing; or choose to combine the fishing trip with a brief sightseeing and snorkel tour around Koh Phi Phi Leh.
* It is necessary to stop the boat in open waters to catch. There is no shelter from cliffs meaning the boat can wave back and forth. Most guests adjust to this pretty quick, however the fishing tour may not be suitable for those who suffer from extreme sea-sickness.
We can’t guarantee you’ll catch a big fish, but the odds are high and most of our guests will catch!
What Can We Catch
The waters around the Phi Phi islands are around 20 meters deep. There are hundreds of fish species in the waters, but here are the most commonly caught ‘Big Game’.
One of the most likely fish to catch in the Andaman waters. It shouldn’t take long to get a bite.
A high chance of catching during November to March. A rewarding and tasty fish.
A difficult fish to land. But a trophy for sure, locals will be envious bring one back to shore.
Mahi Mahi, aka the Dorada. An aggressive fish to catch. Pulling one of theses out is rewarding.
Private boat tour. Private Tour Guide. Lifetime memories.
Tour Detailed Itinerary
Tour itinerary is to be used as an example of what to expect. Our tours are flexible and this programme will not be followed 100%. Tours can be customised based on guest requests and preferences.
7:30am Meet at Our Tour Shop
We recommend staring early on for a Phi Phi Island fishing trip. Time often flies by while chilling at sea, on a boat, reeling in your catch. We recommend meeting at 7.30am, but on a private tour the start time can be flexible. Hotel collection can be arranged (additional cost), for those unable to reach our shop.
07:30 – 09:30am Welcome To Phi Phi Islands
Choose to head out into the open waters and start catching straight away, or if you’d like; we can make a quick sightseeing and snorkelling trip around Phi Phi Leh Island first.
10:00am – 3:30pm Private Longtail Tour
We’ll leave the marine park, and drop the anchor. Off the coast you’ll see Phi Phi Islands as a backdrop with views of nearby Krabi, Lanta and Jum also. Float at sea and let the day pass by by as you try different techniques to catch. We’ll have a chiller box of ice on the boat too, so if you want to bring a pack of beers or any other drinks you can!
More Tour Photos
- Private Tour Guide (Thai National, English Speaking).
- Private hotel transfers to the harbour, from Krabi or Ao-Nang.
- Return speedboat transfers to Phi Phi Island.
- Between 4 – 6 hours with your own private longtail boat. (Route can be customised, with time to see Phi Phi Don too)
- Chiller box filled with ice, bottled water and fresh fruit (you’re welcome to bring alcoholic drinks too).
- Delicious Thai lunch, sit down at the beach front restaurant and see the ocean while you eat.
- Snorkelling is included and sanitised mask and snorkel sets are provided.
- National Park Fees. It costs 400 Baht to enter Maya Bay which can be paid in cash at the beach. It’s optional to stop here.
- Sun block and towel.
- Headwear which provides sun-protection.
- Dry clothes (if also swimming/snorkelling).
- Sea Sickness Pills.